THE COMPASS

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST
(But you could be without a Compass)

The wilderness traveler needs at least two (2) good Compasses.
A really good plotting Compass to do map work and shoot azimuths with and a quality back up.

The Silva Ranger is a top of the line navigational instrument.I have used one for years. My first was crushed under a VW Rabbit and destroyed, my fault. Hang em around your neck or put em into a strong secure case when not in use.

I keep this one on my belt in an Military issue first aid dressing pouch.
This is a SUUNTO wrist Compass. Not just another wrist compass, it has a sighting window and sites built into the body of the housing enabling you to shoot an azimuth with a quick glance.


A quick reference Compass or Combination thermometer is a handy addition to your Pack strap.




This inexpensive instrument has a wind chill graph on the reverse side so you can have something to read as you freeze to death.












Safe Travels
RJ